Old Settler’s Music Festival is invested in growing and supporting musicians and those who want to pursue careers in music. It is one of the ways that we “pay it forward.” Each year, Old Settler’s offers two music-related scholarship opportunities for students attending either Austin Community College or Texas State University.
Students must be enrolled at either Texas State University or Austin Community College.
- $2,500 Texas State University (One Available)
- $1,500 Austin Community College (One Available)
All types of music or music-related majors accepted
- Must plan to attend or be attending either Texas State University or Austin Community College
- Pursuing a music-related degree at either of these colleges
- Current transcripts (unofficial are permitted)
- Must plan on going to college full-time or already be attending full-time
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholarship applies to tuition and fees.
- Each award is for one year. Must reapply for additional years.
- The money will be paid directly to the school.
As part of the application, you must supply
- Letters of Recommendation
- Music Sample (if applicable)
- Transcripts (If applicable)
How to apply
In order to apply, applicants will need to submit the scholarship application completed in full and mail or upload the essay, transcripts and letters of Recommendation. The scholarship application form will be made available ONLY during the open period listed below. You can access the scholarship application at http://www.oldsettlersmusicfest.org/scholarship-application/
This annual scholarship opens for applications every year between the following dates:
October 1st – Deadline February 15th!
Award Announcement: Winners will be contacted by March 15th and invited to come to the Old Settler’s Music Festival to accept their award on stage.